Artist Statement
For many years I have been a musician, I was inspired by my guitarist Kevin to play drums, but was never in a band with him. It was nearly four years until Kevin invited me to become apart of a new band that he was starting. He explained I have become a drummer that would be great for the type of band he wanted to start. I was grateful and joined with no hesitation. I have done many other activities but none of them can be as rewarding as being a drummer. The project I did was a reflection of how well my band represents me. Dan, Kevin, and I have work countless hours writing songs, perfecting them, and preparing for concerts. It has been almost a year now since Modern Chemists was born, and since then, I have done nothing but sacrifice time, money, and energy to this band. I believe that the journey is not going to be over for a long time, and Modern Chemists will only give me the one thing that I want to do: be who I want to be. There is one thing in life that I will not regret, and that is becoming the drummer of Modern Chemists.
9 comments:
Greatest photo ever! Your project was super cool. It was fun and i got to learn about you and your band. I l loved the lights that we were on the board, it was clever and fun to see!
this was really enoyable! lol. i think the lights definitely drew us in as an audience, especially at 9 am in the morning - and the pictures you had on the board were awesome. it got me thinking about things in my OWN life that i have spent so much time investing in, or even if I would be willing to make such a strong commitment. good job!
first off i loooved the lights and your presentation was my favorite just because of your enthusiasm... you can tell you love your band!! i also liked the cd and that you played your own music because it really made the project i think becaaause if you hadn't the whole time i would have been wondering what you sounded like so yay good job! okay so my question is when and where are you guys playing next because i'm thinkin class feild trip!!
Straight up this sucked. Haha no it was good and sounds like you and your band are good and chasing your dreams. Good luck and Great job.
first of all, the picture chet took for this is fantastic! i think your project definitely shows your personality and your passion.
is your band still together? and where can i find a cd? lol
I loved that lights on your board. But really I loved the drum sticks. Teach me how to play! :) If I was in a band I'd definitely be the drummer! Anyway I think it is so awesome you have something in your life that you have worked so hard for and means so much to you. Kudos to you! And if you ever have a show let me know, my friends and I will for sure come!
What was the hardest obstacle you had to overcome with juggling your band and your life?
I think you did such a great job with this project. You could tell how passionate you are about your band and all of its accomplishments! The poster with the lights in the background was really creative! This gave me a better understanding of who you are as a person and one of your passions. Thanks!
It was cool hearing about your band, its great you actually have an album. great drumming from what i heard fro your music, good job! It made me remember trying to put my own band together. People do not really think about the commitment being in a band requires, and i admire you and your band for you progress and your dedication. has it been difficult staying together now that you're in college?
Good stuff man. Nicely put together, I think. And the set-up was cool, with the album and drumsticks, lights, headphones, etc. I can kind of relate with that. I was in a band for about two years in high school, and we would play shows all the time and stuff. I am in a few bands in NH, but nothing really full-on serious and whatnot.
My question, I guess, is where do you and the band plan to go? Where do you plan on being in a year, or 5 years, etc?
Post a Comment