(by John Smisek)
I never really looked to omuch into my first name. Upon doing some research, I discovered my name is originally a Latin form of a Greek name derived from a HEBREW name. *whew* The name translates as "God is gracious." This name get its more popular origins in the New Testament of the Bible - John the Baptist and John the Apostle (alleged author of the 4th gospel and Revelation). The name was EXTREMELY popular during the later Middle Ages in England, where 1/5th of all boys were given the name.
Overall I am not disappointed with my name - neither am I thrilled with it. No offense to my parents but I think the name is somewhat plain and unoriginal. Not that I hate it - I just wish I could have something more unique to my personality.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment