In researching my name, I found some really interesting information on where my name came from. I chose to look in to the origins of my full name, which is Madeline Elizabeth Kettlewell. Everyone’s first assumption when hearing my name is that it sounds quite British, which is in fact true. My family name, Kettlewell, is actually the name of a small village in England near Yorkshire, and my family’s lineage can be traced back to that small village. Additionally, there is a brief family history surrounding my first name, Madeline. I have had two different ancestors/relatives who shared my name, neither of which was I able to meet in my lifetime. My middle name, however, has no family history that I am familiar with.
When researching the origins of my name, I looked on a few baby name websites and found that the name Madeline actually originated from the name Magdala or Magdelene. When looking in to the meaning of it, I found that its originating names meant “woman from Magdala, one who is elevated, a high tower (babyfit.sparkpeople.com)”. I couldn’t find much on my middle name, Elizabeth, aside from the fact that is a very common name with Victorian origins.
No comments:
Post a Comment