
I'm lucky to have two people in my life who I greatly respect. My younger sisters, Ashley (14) and Mary Grace (7), never fail to inspire me daily. They have had a definite impact on who I am today, and who I will be for the rest of my life. They have taught me to be careful with my actions, because someone is always in the shadows looking up to you. Through my parents' divorce they looked to me to be strong and maternal, and without them there as a constant reminder I know I would have fallen apart. Even though we are so close (with such a great age gap), we are all completely different. Ashley is silent and strong, keeping to herself until prompted. Although she's four years younger than me, she has been my rock on countless occasions and I honestly don't know where I'd be without her. She constantly reminds me that I'm her role model, and inspires me to be the best person I can be because of that. Mary Grace sometimes feels more like a daughter to me than a sister. She taught me at a young age to grow up and deal with things, because sometimes someone else needs more taking care of than you do. She listens to me, and never fails to put a smile on my face in any situation. I cherish my relationship with my sisters more than any other relationship in my life, and hope that it only gets stronger as we all grow up.
1 comment:
I feel the same way about my cousins. I can totally relate to everything you wrote:)
Post a Comment