I believe in the art of music. Music addresses the everyday issues of society, such as love. A song that first came to mind when receiving this assignment, that I feel is symbolic to this project, is the Darkness’s song “I Believe In a Thing Called Love.” In this love ballad, the artist shares his idea on how important love is to him. To stress the significance of this artistic expression, here are the lyrics to this infamous song:
“I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love.”
Love along with hope, liberty, and war are all important issues addressed in all types of music. Each genre has a different sound but the messages are all the same, connecting people together all over the world. That is why I believe in the art of music for not only making society more aware of a thing called love, but for a release of personal emotional expression.
No comments:
Post a Comment