After doing this project I love my name even more because there have been some famous people with the name and I was glad to see and irishmen with my name because I am irish. Also i never knew my name very a very religious name and also common in the jewish community. I liked doing this project/blog and hope we can do more similar to this.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
My Sweet Name
I found out some cool things about my name that I never would have found out about if it wasn't for this blog. I found out that my name in biblical term has a possible meaning of "God has hearkened" , which was a prayer said by a mother or son. Also comes from the hebrew word 'ul me'el meaning "asked of God." During the 11th century BC Samuel was a judge and prophet of great historical importance. He established the Hebrew monarchy. The name was popular during the 17th century in England and America. It's always been common in the Jewish community. Some of the famous Samuel's are American inventor Samuel Morse, Irish writer Samuel Beckett and the most famous is Samuel Clemens a.k.a Mark Twain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment