Monday, September 22, 2008

I believe in sweatshirts.

I believe in sweatshirts.
There are probably dozens of serious, deep, and meaningful other things that I believe in that I could write about. However, I don't think any of them compare to the simple pleasure of a soft hoodie with just the right fit. I realize this is completely superficial and probably somewhat silly, but its something that I believe in. I think that after a long day of nice looking clothes, the feeling of coming home the throwing on a sweatshirt is one that can't be compared. I believe in sweatshirts with stories. One of my favorite hoodies (a sweatshirt with a hood, for those not familiar with sweatshirt jargon) was given to me by a guy friend in the 7th grade. It says "St. X" on the front, which was an all boys private school from my hometown, and became mine after I was sprayed by a water hose during a late summer night. Another sweatshirt came from a girl I knew in high school, we needed darker clothing to look less conspicuous while sneaking out one night. I suppose I believe in sweatshirts because they are the one vice I have that makes me feel completely comfortable. Sweatshirts are perfect for any occasion: running errands, writing blogs at 2:30am, or going to class at 9am the morning after a late study night...
I believe in sweatshirts.

No comments: