I thought I was ready for college and to some sense I was. I thought I was fine without my family because since sixth grade I had long to get rid of them. Watch them from a distance. I could even visualize myself as the aunt that showed up every once in awhile. I wanted to live my own life and I didn't want input from any of my family members especially my mother. I wouldn't goes as to say my mother was terrible because she wasn't. If anything she was so protective/tough loving that it was almost unbearable and I seemed to be the only one of her children that notice. I have always had issues with my parents techniques on how to parent but when I started college and I no longer had to check in, call, or come home at a certain time I thought I was set. I was basically calling my mother to say goodnight until problems with my roommates started to occur only three weeks into school. I tried to handle the situation on my own but I couldn't. I needed someone to talk to and guess who I called? My mother or as I like to call her ma. I started to realize I still needed my mother more than she needed me.
My mother has been though a lot in her life. I won't be specific but I started to realize she was still taking care of me even though I am miles away. She was the one that gave me the best advice on how to handle the situation and I cannot thank her enough. She was loving, stern, and willing to let me explain everything without being judgmental.
I believe in a mother's love because without it I would still be sad and miserable about my situation.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think youre writing is beautiful. This seemed like a tough topic and you wrote it very well. Im glad to see i am not the only one with roommate problems :)
Post a Comment