Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Diamond Stingily Blog Post #1

I honestly do not inspire to be anyone in particular but I do admire my great-great aunt , Idella Oliver. She is 105 years old and appreciates all the simple things in life. I believe that happiness is one of the most hardest emotion to have and to keep. She does a good job of not letting the little things get to her in order to keep her happiness. I have,rarely, seen her upset. She ,usually, has a smile on her face when talking about her day.I wish I could be more non self aware of my everyday action and not dwell on the past because it is done and over with. She has been through a lot of hardship coming from a rural segregated Mississippi town and moving to Chicago at a young age by herself. I can only hope that I live my life to the fullest of much as it seems she has. It is honestly the little things in life that count and sometimes I can forget that. She does a fine job of reminding me.

Photobucket

No comments: