Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Morgan Robak


I can not recall when I became comfortable with who I was but to this day, I love who I have become. Every event that occurred during my 18 years of life, has created the person you see today. I have seen family members go through hard times, I have seen them come and go, I have helped out people who are less fortunate then me. None of this makes me better than anyone else, but it makes me who I am. It breaks me apart from the crowd because no one is like me out there. We are all different, inside and out. It just just takes moments and events to shape who we are.

Everyone knows who they can be, but it needs to be pulled out of them. I learned that if we were in a vacuum, all alone, we would be a different person than we are today. People shape who we are, how we think, what we look like. It just is your creative additions to yourself that makes you unique and an individual. It is different to take on someone else's identity as your own, those people just need to realize they can be themselves and be happy too.

Writing can be a big part of my life. When I write, I put down exactly what is on my mind, what I am thinking at that exact moment, wearing, or doing. It is a calming feeling that I feel when I am writing. I feel my thoughts are flowing through the paper and whether they are random thoughts or controlled thoughts, it expresses who I am. Pictures as well, when I draw something instead of right it, it is for a reason. It expresses who I am at that particular moment or what I am thinking.

I love who I am, I am comfortable with who I am. I really do not mind if someone does not like me. I am at that stage where I will find friends and people who enjoy my company. We are not all the same, and we might not all get along, but we can all be nice.

8 comments:

john.smisek said...

this was so sweet! i had a neighbor do a journal-type thing for her new millennium studies class, too. (don't tell her but yours seemed WAY more put together!) i wanted to ask HOW you assembled these entries? did you sit down and just begin writing about your life, or did you assemble past journal entries from your life into this book? i thought it was a PERFECT idea - where else are we more revealing about ourself than in a journal??? :)

MKettlewell said...

i thought the presentation of this was very well put together
piggybacking on what john asked, i wanted to know if you wrote these entries with the portfolio assignment in mind, or was this collection more collaborative throughout your life?

Jordan said...

first of all i was so impressed by your courage because putting journal entries out there for everyone to read i think is extremely brave so kudos to you! also, i loved the paper and the box and everything.. i just wanted to touch it haha! but anyway my one question for you was why didn't you read an entry because i'm nosey and i really wanted to hear one! i'm gonna be like everyone else and ask if you start writing these for this project or where they all from this year or over the years.. basically how did you assemble them? anyway way to take a risk i loved it!!

Sam Staley said...

I really like how you can confide in your journal and I like how your journal looks. Very different. Nice job.

irish milkmann said...

The journal box is a great idea, and it was very brave that you would show us your past. You are who you are, of your past experiences, you really had a good idea.

question: did you ever go on any retreats for school or anything?

Baylee said...

I love to write, so I can relate to your project well. I loved the box you kept your writings in. Your project was nicely done.

What is your main focus of your writing? Like a diary? or Poems?

Mandy said...

This is one of my favorites! I love the box and the paper. your presentation was really amazing as well! You could tell how much though and consideration you put into the design of your project. I journal all the time and it would be really difficult for me to put them in a box or have someone read them so I give you a lot of credit!

Ka-Byrnes said...

Nice compilation of works, loved the poem you read too; it was well thought out and well presented. This is a grouping of both yours and poets/writers that have influenced you? or is it all your own work. I remember that its your journal, i was a little curious as o whether it was solely writing as well...