Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lien Le's Project


Self identity is something I should be able to seek whether it is through visual image or words. My works show that I am self driven throughout my whole life experience.
I can say I have many personalities and I go through many moods every day. Recently, I took many risks in life and I think that it made me a stronger person. Knowing that I can do things I never thought I can do. I look at myself and I start to imagine my future and how my life will turn out to be. I believe if I stick to my goals and believe in myself I can conquer success and be what I always wanted to be… successful in life.
Through my artwork I can show viewers what I am seeing through my own eyes. The expressions I use through images and words.
Through research i fouond the the purple flower symbolizes dignity,pride, and success ,and represents accomplishment and admiration.

10 comments:

Morgan said...

i love the way you have the women chasing after the words. It shows that you are really driven to do well in the fashion world and that is aweesome. The flower that means ambition is also a creative way to tie it all together!

john.smisek said...

this was a great montage of images and words. i loved your painting of the flowers and loved the separation they provided for the groupings of images and letters... interesting idea!

Jordan said...

first off i thought your flower was beautiful!! and i liked how you didn't do the typical collage you mixed it up and put it on the sides with the flower in the middle and it was just so creative!! good job!! one question i have for you is what exactly do you want to do with fashion.. are you more in merchandising or design?

john.smisek said...

if i had to ask a question about this project, i would inquire about the majority of your project focusing on the image of the flowers. if i remember right the flowers represented your name? how did your parents decide to name you? were the flowers significant somehow? just curious :)

Sam Staley said...

I like how you made the woman chase the words and also i like how you used phrases that meant something to you.

MKettlewell said...

I love how you used collage art as well as painting to make this. I love the purple flowers!
what's the significance of the words you use/the words the woman is chasing after?

Baylee said...

For starters I love this piece of art. I love the colors, and the flowers. I would seriously frame this and hang this is my living room! I love that you tied your "self" into this. It is gorgeous. I love that the women is chasing her dreams. I really hope you succeed you seem to have great ambitions.

what is your ultimate goal with fashion?

Mandy said...

I love how you were talking about the girl running after the words as chasing your dreams. You are truly talented! I love this picture of the purple flower with the yellow background its very colorful and warm looking:) For how long have you know you have wanted to do something with fashion?

bill ross! said...

This one is really artsy, I love it. I like the overall look of this, the way the words are set up, the cut-outs, etc. it is very cool. I do like how it seems like the girls in the cutouts are running towards the words. Very interesting. My question: Physically, the biggest part of the piece is flowers. What is the significance here?

Ka-Byrnes said...

nice mixture of painting and collage. it mixes a nice sense of the concrete and illusive(the words and the woman), question is if thats what you were going for...