Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Abraham Ban's Project


Artist's Statement on its way!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

I think what you did really described you and gave us a background of what was important. I enjoyed looking at your picture!!! It was nicely done and i liked the flag in the reflection of the water. That was way cool.

john.smisek said...

this was definitely one of the more personal projects we presented. i loved the story behind it and i love that u did it on photoshop!!! it got me thinking about my past and stories my parents told about before and immediately after i was born... my mom also told me about a dream she had when she was pregnant with me - i suppose its a more common occurrence than people think!

Jordan said...

okay so yours was one of my favorites!! i loved the symbolism through out the whole thing.. it was extremely creative and interesting and told a lot about you that i wouldn't have ever known so great job!! okay so my question for you is what did you use to make the project.... like what software? oh yeah and also i loved all the colors they were very nice :)!!!

john.smisek said...

my question relates to the overall image. i forgot - did the dream your mother have have that exact scene in it? the mountains and the lake? or did u add that after? if so, why did you choose that PARTICULAR image? i can't remember if you said why or not...

Sam Staley said...

It's really cool that this was a dream and you could convert it to a picture. I like the colors and the flag in the water. Nice Job

MKettlewell said...

I loved the watermark flag on this!

the mountains on the right of this....are those flowers its made out of?

Baylee said...

Yours was definitely one of my favorites. I loved that you tied this project into your culture. The piece of art work is beautiful. The birds played a huge role into your self image. Even though I'm terrified of birds this was way cool.

What did your mom dream of exactly?

Mandy said...

This was such a great idea. You can tell how much thought you put into this project. I love the colors and the flag that appears in the water. Your presentation was really good as well. You did such a great job explaining what everything meant to you.

Ka-Byrnes said...

Very symbolic and thoughtful. it was interesting hearing the story of you mothers dream, it made me think a bit about fate and destiny; were you trying to reflect that at all?

bill ross! said...

Wow, this one is really nice. First of all, I love how you made this. It looks so real, but it's computer made, I think? That is awesome. The concept itself is awesome and thougtful too. Very unique to yourself, and a good representation, I think. I liked the use of water and mountains as strong and calm. Does the bird (I forget what it was called) represent somethine other than Korea (I think that is what you said it was...)