Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning up America

If I was president for a day, I would go down into all the projects and just talk with the people down there. All the previous candidates seem to know what is best for the American economy, to make less poverty, yet they aren’t the ones actually dealing with it. So I would want to be the one to listen to the families and what would help them in their struggle. I would want to go to the top 5 most poverty stricken communities in America to hear and witness first hand what’s really going on. Then I would make a truly informed decision on how to clean up and better the chances for people in those areas. After starting up my decision, I would want to directly clean up the worst area in each state. I would do this because although raising taxes for the wealthy and lowering for the poor will gradually help the economy, eventually bettering these areas, I think that a direct approach will aid to better results. It might even give these people a little bit of hope until the economy gets itself back on its feet.

No comments: