Dee looks out the window. Then around her. She hears something. She looks down, her purse is vibrating. She opens it and pulls out her cell phone. It is a flip phone and it is big and silver with a navy blue face. WILL CELL CALLING... it reads. Will is Dee's husband. They meet her junior year in high school. They started dating within the next year. The year after that they had a baby boy, they named him Emmanuel (Everyone calls him Manny). The year after that they were married. They have been together ever since. They have been through so much, but have loved each other through it all.
Dee smiles. She answers, "Hello?...What? What's wrong?" Her face drops, her smile fades. "No...no...no." A tear falls. "Okay, we'll leave right when I get home. Make sure you're ready. I will be there in 2o minutes...Good-bye, I love you." She closes her phone and looks down. Deep breath. Dee makes the sign of the cross and starts to pray. When she gets home in 20 minutes she will have to leave for the hospital with Will. To see her son Manny.
1 comment:
:( this made me sad. It gave me goosebumps. your writing is awesome the detail in this is great! I had a picture of everything that was going on. You described her clothes and everything to the last straw. It was great
Post a Comment