I walk down Chicago in my same routine in my same route when i get off of the Metra. You always see some homeless person walking down or sitting down in some place holding a cup probably a Coffee cup hoping to get some change for his or hers next meal. I see it all the time its inevitable to not see one. I always walk in my same route to get to school and i see all these hobo's but one suck out to me the most.
It was cold outside and raining one gloomy morning and i see this little old lady probably in her 60's or so holding up her little hand in a gesture for some hope for some change in her life. i can see in her motherly eyes hoping to be back to her normal life back to her family lives. Holding her son or daughter arms again. She lost it all by drug abuse, lost it all by gambling, and probably lost it all in selling her house for just one hit. Family lost her and they left her they couldn't handle raising her instead of her raising them. how could this be that one thing in her life is gone by something that rips though her addiction. If she has one chance one more time to be with her family.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is done really well. I like the subject that you picked because we can all relate to it. We discussed the topic of homeless people in class today and i will forever feel guilty and horrible when i walk past someone on the street. I always wonder what their story is and why they are on the streets. Im sure there is some reason. i thought you did this very well and i enjoyed reading it. very touching
Post a Comment