I had decided to go on a train ride one day after work. I was bored and decided to use my U-Pass just because I could abuse the privilege. I sat quietly by myself, my hands folded in my lap and I stared out the window until I reached Belmont. When I reached Belmont I decided to go back the way I came when I saw him.
Short.Fat.Black and Gray. He had a pouty lip and brown sad eyes. He waddled onto the train. No one paid attention to him but me. He stared forward at nothing inparticular when I turned my Ipod to Tv On The Radio , "Love Dog." He looked like a gentle man. Probably had seen a lot of hardship in his life. Not homeless but close to it. Maybe women never paid him no attention because he looked at the pretty girls when they came on but quickly looked away when the doors closed.They didn't look back. Not happy. Not sad but his eyes were permanently sad. I wanted to know him. I secretly wanted to be a relative of his and sit and listen to him talk. I wondered what he sounded like. In my mind he spoke softly almost at a whisper and spoke only when he had something important to say because I like people like that. I wish I was more like that because some days I feel as if I am just talking to talk. Every now and again he would study his hands and it made me wonder was he realizing for the first time how much they changed?
Lonely little love dog that
No one knows the name of
I know why you cry out
Desperate and devout
Timid little teether
Your eyes set on the ether
Your moon in a bella luna and
Howling hallelujah
Nameless you above me
Come lay me low and love me
This lonely little love dog
That no one knows the name of
Curse me out in free verse
Wrap me up and reverse this
Patience is a virtue
Until it's silence burns you
And something slow
Has started in me as
Shameless as an ocean
Mirrored in devotion
Something slow
Has sparked up in me
As dog cries for a master
Sparks are whirling faster
Lonely little love dog
That no one knows the ways of
Where the land is low is
Where the bones'll show through
Lonely little love dog
That no one knows the days of
Where the land is low is
Where the water flows to
And holds you
The song described him perfectly and when my stop had came and I had to go back to the apartment. I smiled at him and he smiled back.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the way you wrote this. It was very creative and flowed nicely. Your style was great and i wish i could write like this! Nicely done :)
Post a Comment